Veteran's Day 2016
Aug. 25, 1953-
Nov. 9, 2012
posted Nov 11 2016
Yesterday, November 9, marked the third anniversary of my friend Sharon's passing. As many people started celebrating Veteran's Day yesterday with parades and speeches, I was celebrating Sharon -her love for her husband Nick, her love for family, enthusiasm for the San Francisco Giants, her thoughtfulness and kind words even when she was suffering. And again, her unconditional love.
Who of us know anyone older than two, who is unconditional?
Sharon's passing around Veteran's Day maybe apropo because she loved the military and veterans. She had friends and relatives who were veterans. She gave a wonderful eulogy at her Dad's funeral. Walter, Sharon's Dad, served in the Marine Corps.
Sharon, we love and miss you. Thank you for being a part of our lives. We will never forget.
And...Happy Veteran's Day!!! A Big Hoo-ah for your dedication to the troops.God Bless you and your family.
More about Sharon...
Walter Meitrott Eulogy by Sharon Meitrott
- Commentary on a young women's ten year struggle with breast cancer and her beloved memory.
(We all did love Rosie. A gift to our lives - her courage and strength matter to us all.-Anonymous)
- A Mom's thoughts on life while raising two young children
- Commentary on Politics, Religion, Life,etc
- Commentary based on conversations with a group of friends(guys) that meet for breakfast
- Commentary based on war experience as a chaplain in Vietnam
- Commentary on San Francisco,
- Commentary on Why we should have some type of National Service
- Commentary on the difficulty of publishers and Writers
- Commentary and stories shared among classmates
- Commentary on Iraq and Afghanistan from 2002
- Commentary on Politics from 2003
- Commentary on daily life, short stories from 2001
- Commentary on events in the news from 2002
- Commentary on the Draft from 2002
- Short Shories, books, articles, contributed by friends of the webzine