George "Raz" Autry
This week we celebrate our loved one and friend, George "Raz" Autry. Raz passed, Thursday, April 18, 2012. He will not be forgotten. We love and miss you,
Tribute To Raz Autry
RAZ AND CIA?
jda April 14 2013
Next Thursday, April 18, 2013, is the one year anniversary of my brother, Raz Autry's death. We all miss him. The Autry Family tries to meet at least twice a year; I like to think in part to honor him.
The following is an email I sent to my nieces and nephews:
Surely would like to be there with all of you for the “Cousins” luncheon. I think it is so wonderful that you are continuing this. Your Uncle Raz would have been so proud and from my perspective, you are honoring his memory. Family was everything to him.
I have so many stories about Raz. And, many of them are those, “you had to be there” kind. Since Korea is in the headlines, one involving Korea comes to mind. As he always did, most everywhere I was stationed, Raz visited. He always made lasting friends.
In Korea, our top General (a 3 star) thought Raz was the greatest thing since pockets. The General suggested that I take Raz to the DMZ (demilitarized zone) and let him look across into North Korea and see where the Armistice was signed. (An interesting fact: Your Uncle Charles was wounded in Korea on Feb 22. Our Dad died Feb 22 and Meg’s oldest daughter was born on Feb 22)...
Tribute To Raz
- Commentary on a young women's ten year struggle with breast cancer and her beloved memory.
(We all did love Rosie. A gift to our lives - her courage and strength matter to us all.-Anonymous)
- A Mom's thoughts on life while raising two young children
- Commentary on Politics, Religion, Life,etc
- Commentary based on conversations with a group of friends(guys) that meet for breakfast
- Commentary based on war experience as a chaplain in Vietnam
- Commentary on San Francisco,
- Commentary on Why we should have some type of National Service
- Commentary on the difficulty of publishers and Writers
- Commentary and stories shared among classmates
- Commentary on Iraq and Afghanistan from 2002
- Commentary on Politics from 2003
- Commentary on daily life, short stories from 2001
- Commentary on events in the news from 2002
- Commentary on the Draft from 2002
- Short Shories, books, articles, contributed by friends of the webzine