Tribute To Lamar Hunt
Dec 13, 1932 - Dec. 11, 2015
jda December 16, 2015
Lamar Hunt, my dear friend, was a great guy. It was a shock to find out that he had passed away.
He should have been Chief of Chaplains, he was a soldier's chaplain for sure. When he retired he served his community, wrote books and songs, and played his mandolin.
In fact, his motto was "Singing is good for the soul. Fishing heals the spirit. Keep sermons short and powerful. Play more mandolin."
Lamar was part of our Chaplain's email group and loved me even though I was left to his right. Lamar, I will love you and will miss you.
- Commentary on a young women's ten year struggle with breast cancer and her beloved memory.
(We all did love Rosie. A gift to our lives - her courage and strength matter to us all.-Anonymous)
- A Mom's thoughts on life while raising two young children
- Commentary on Politics, Religion, Life,etc
- Commentary based on conversations with a group of friends(guys) that meet for breakfast
- Commentary based on war experience as a chaplain in Vietnam
- Commentary on San Francisco,
- Commentary on Why we should have some type of National Service
- Commentary on the difficulty of publishers and Writers
- Commentary and stories shared among classmates
- Commentary on Iraq and Afghanistan from 2002
- Commentary on Politics from 2003
- Commentary on daily life, short stories from 2001
- Commentary on events in the news from 2002
- Commentary on the Draft from 2002
- Short Shories, books, articles, contributed by friends of the webzine